- Slope screed (>1 / max. 5%)
- Equalisation layer (bitumised felt)
- a) Single layer waterproofing layer, made of:
– NOVATER 4 mm membrane, loose laid on the horizontal area and totally bonded on the perimeter and verticals, up to a height of 20 cm above gravel level (single layer)
b) Double layer waterproofing system, made of:
– first layer: NOVATER 4 mm, applied by torching, semi-bonded on the horizontal surface and totally bonded on the perimeter; laying of the second layer membrane will be preceded by the application of a strip of membrane (NOVATER 4 mm) having 30 cm width, welded for 10 cm both on the flat and on the vertical (therefore leaving free the corner);
– second layer: NOVATER 4 mm applied by torching in total adherence to the first one and on the verticals.For double layer systems, it is always advisable to lay the cap sheet in longitudinal direction respect to the base sheet, arranging the overlaps by having the ones of the upper layer in the middle of the first layer sheets. The sheets must be laid as well in such way that head overlap are staggered in longitudinal direction by at least 100 cm.The joints must be made by torching, overlapping the membranes (laid as “tiles”, in the direction of the slope, to favour the down flow of the water), for at least 8 cm in the case of the side and 12 cm for the head.Vertical walls and other protruding structures must be waterproofed with the same type of membrane, possibly mineralised.
- 0.2 mm polyethylene film.
- Thermal insulation layer (since in this type of application the insulation is constantly exposed and therefore in contact with water and damp, the insulating material must not absorb water either by capillarity or when immersed).
- Non woven polyester having 300 g/sqm weight
- Layer of washed gravel, with Ã˜ 15Ã·30 mm granulometry, dry laid on the non woven polyester, with 5Ã·7 cm thickness according to the thickness of the insulating elements.
In case of special situations characterised by significant thermal cycles, elastomeric membranes must be used:
– FLEXGUM-P 4 mm
It is always advisable that the part of the waterproofing system, which is not protected from the gravel, will be self protected with mineral sates chips or paints, for protection from atmospheric agents and to satisfy aesthetical requirements.