- Slope screedÂ (>1 / max. 5%)
- Separation/ equalisation layer (bitumised felt 220/300g/mq)
- Double layer waterproofing system, made of:
a) first layer: NOVATER 4 mm, applied by torching, semi-bonded on the horizontal surface and totally bonded on the perimeter; laying of the second layer membrane will be preceded by the application of a strip of membrane (NOVATER 4 mm) having 30 cm width, welded for 10 cm both on the flat and on the vertical (therefore leaving free the corner);
b) second layer: NOVATER 4 mm applied by torching in total adherence to the first one and on the verticals. For double layer systems, it is always advisable to lay the cap sheet in longitudinal direction respect to the base sheet, arranging the overlaps by having the ones of the upper layer in the middle of the first layer sheets.
The sheets must be laid as well in such way that head overlap are staggered in longitudinal direction by at least 100 cm. The joints must be made by torching, overlapping the membranes (laid as “tiles”, in the direction of the slope, to favour the down flow of the water), for at least 8 cm in the case of the side and 12 cm for the head.
Vertical walls and other protruding structures must be waterproofed with the same type of membrane, possibly mineralised.
- Flowing layer, 0,2 mm polyethylene film.
- Thermal insulation layer (as the type of application provides the continuous contact with the outside, and then with moisture and water, it is desirable that the insulation is not present absorption by capillarity that by immersion).
- Filter element and protective insulation non-woven polyester 300 g / m²
- Precast concrete paving squares, laid on mobile thermoplastics.
For special situations caused by extreme temperature changes, must be used elastomeric membranes: NOVAGUM P-5 mm. It ‘s always advisable that the mantle protruding above the top floor (vertical parts) should be protected with a layer of cement mortar reinforced with wire mesh lightly.